2018 APAC Summer Internship Programme - Global Markets - Hong Kong (Analyst)
BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with over 190,000 employees. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking and Services as well as Corporate & Institutional Banking.
In Asia Pacific, the BNP Paribas Group is a leading employer with more than 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets. Being one of the largest international banking networks, we strive to employ talented and innovative people who are aligned to our vision and culture.
The APAC Summer Internship Programme is a comprehensive 10 week programme (between June to August 2018) designed to equip penultimate year students with the financial and individual competencies to potentially embark on a successful career within the BNP Paribas Group. This opportunity includes a firm wide orientation, lunch-and-learn series, networking events and on- the- job learning from our senior managers and highly experienced team members.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Operating globally, Global Markets builds sustainable, long term relationships with clients, addressing their investing, financing and hedging needs and providing them with risk management solutions. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, banks, governments and supranational organizations.
Global Markets’ activities involve rates, foreign exchange, local market coverage, credit, prime solutions and financing and derivatives.
Our Fixed Income teams integrate product and service teams across primary and secondary markets to offer comprehensive solutions that meet a diverse range of needs. Drawing on the skills of professionals in origination, sales, trading, structuring and research across interest rates, foreign exchange and credit, the business participates in economic development through origination, distribution and trading fixed income securities.
Our Global Equities & Commodity Derivatives teams combine the activities of Structured Equity, Flow & Financing and commodity derivatives, which brings together research, trading, structuring, and sales expertise across equities and commodities.
It is expected that the intern will acquire knowledge/understanding of Global Markets and develop the overall skills set required to successfully contribute to the business. Depending on the team you are working in, your responsibilities may include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Support the team with clients on all aspects such as client confirmation and client after sale service
- Analyse financial reports and identify potential business opportunities
- Monitor market news and events and evaluating the risk and opportunities for clients and the bank’s positions and strategy through quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Develop and maintain an accurate data base, developing new tools and automations to improve the management of the books and efficiency to processes
- Responsible for production of presentations, pitch books, any other written material required by external and internal clients and regular updates on market conditions
- Prepare and provide reports/information to management and key stakeholders such as risk reports, and profit & loss reports
- Handle administrative tasks such as editing of termsheets and factsheets, implementing trades, followed by validating transactions in the systems
- Liaise and coordinate with internal business units and external clients on activities such as pricing
- Understanding the risks, different sensitivities to market parameters, and technical aspects of the business
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory authorities, audit requirements and established bank approved risk limits
- Other duties assigned by management as requested
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
Students who will be graduating in 2019 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Takes initiative and is results driven
- Strong decision making and analytical skills
- Act with integrity
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
- Strong team player
- Client focused and commercial thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point)
- Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage
This opportunity is closed to applications.