2018 APAC Graduate Programme - Commodity Corporate Coverage - Hong Kong
BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with over 190,000 employees. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking and Services as well as Corporate & Institutional Banking.
In Asia Pacific, the BNP Paribas Group is a leading employer with more than 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets. Being one of the largest international banking networks, we strive to employ talented and innovative people who are aligned to our vision and culture.
The APAC Graduate Programme is a comprehensive 24-month programme designed to equip graduates with the technical skills and individual competencies to embark upon a successful career within the BNP Paribas Group. This opportunity includes a formal mentoring programme, graduate community initiatives, relevant technical training and on- the- job learning from our senior managers and highly experienced team members.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Our Commodity Corporate Coverage team is one of the most active players in the commodity space in Asia Pacific. As an integrated sector, the team is involved in origination and execution of a variety of transactions related to commodity sector including financing deals, structured commodity trade finance deals, Global market and capital market deals. Through working with the team, the graduate analyst will benefit from:
- Through day to day contact with and supervision by our senior team members, the analyst will gain a wide exposure to the commodity sector including metals, energy and soft commodities.
- The analyst will advance his/her analytic skills by undertaking financial/business analysis of markets, companies and transactions in close association with experienced analyst
- The analyst will obtain transaction execution experience by working along with team members in executing live deals both committed deals and uncommitted flow transactions.
Support the analyst team throughout the internal credit preparation:
- Assisting the preparation of credit proposal, financial analysis,
- Assisting the preparation of business analysis on clients and transactions
- Assisting the preparation of market / industry research on various commodity sectors and key players
Support the client relationship managers in their marketing activities
- Preparing various marketing materials ie, pitch books and presentations
- Assisting the team to organize clients meetings / events / presentations
Support the client relationship managers throughout deal execution
- Assisting the KYC process during the client on-boarding / annual client review
- Assisting in preparation of internal documents related to transactions such us memo / waiver request
- Assisting capital market / global market transactions by liaising and coordinating with relevant parties (mainly internal) to obtain essential and necessary data and / or information.
Support administrative tasks
- Assisting in internal business and compliance review
- Consolidation of various business performance indicators (volume, revenue, business budget and client data)
- Ensure active and proper utilization of Client 1st (or related Client Relationship Management tools of BNPP) including the preparation and upload of call memos, client contacts, and opportunities.
- Support smooth coordination and good working relationship with various product lines.
- Direct contribution to the Bank’s operational permanent control framework.
- Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
Students who have recently graduated or graduating in 2018 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Takes initiative and is results driven
- Strong decision making and analytical skills
- Act with integrity
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
- Strong team player
- Client focused and commercial thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point)
- Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good analytical skills and aptitude with numbers
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
This opportunity is closed to applications.