2018 APAC Graduate Programme - Coverage & Territories Credit Management - Credit Analyst - Sydney
BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with over 190,000 employees. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking and Services as well as Corporate & Institutional Banking.
In Asia Pacific, the BNP Paribas Group is a leading employer with more than 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets. Being one of the largest international banking networks, we strive to employ talented and innovative people who are aligned to our vision and culture.
The Graduate Program is a comprehensive 24-month program designed to equip graduates with the technical skills and individual competencies to embark upon a successful career within the BNP Paribas Group. This opportunity includes a formal mentoring program, graduate community initiatives, relevant technical training and on- the- job learning from our senior managers and highly experienced team members.
To be referred to the Credit Analyst Charter and Mission Statement.
- Gather appropriate client information to be able to present and mitigate risks.
- Deliver a complete, synthetic and coherent up-to-date counterparty and credit risk analysis, based on facts and compliant with the Bank’s guidelines.
- Complete Credit Proposals enabling the Credit Committee to make an informed decision.
- Support the Relationship Manager / Front Officer in credit process-related matters within own scope (plan CCs ahead, handling of CRF, CreditPoint,…)
- Portfolio monitoring (follow-up of financial covenants, risks alert, core data checks).
- Keep updated with credit methodologies and policies.
- Share information and develop industry intelligence.
- Presentation of Credit Proposals to local Credit Committees.
- Meet clients jointly with Relationship Managers, when and where possible, to deepen the understanding of a credit.
- Participation in discussions on potential deals.
- Participation in projects linked to improving credit process efficiency.
- To contribute to any other portfolio or credit administrative and statistical works as required by management from time to time.
- Contribute to the Permanent Control framework.
Technical and Behavioural Competencies required
Attention to detail - Ensures accuracy and implements processes to ensure quality of output. Ensures high personal standards in all areas of work.
Collaborative approach - Supports and shows respect for others. Puts people first, and works effectively with individuals, teams and clients.
Commitment - Committed to our customers, shareholders and employees. Demonstrates enthusiasm towards the organization and motivation to add value and be part of the organization.
Planning and Execution - Establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages own time and resources to meet deadlines and quality standards.
Resilience - Continues to work effectively and pursue goals when faced with obstacles, periods of change and uncertainty, or resistance from others. Maintains effectiveness in uncertain or ambiguous situations.
Responsiveness - Adapts when facing new or unforeseen situations. Delivers on time the required service.
Experience and Qualifications Required
Students who have recently graduated or graduating in 2018 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Takes initiative and is results driven
- Strong decision making and analytical skills
- Ability to be innovative
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
- Strong team player and able to work independently
- Client focused and commercial thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong command of spoken and written English with ability to present credit proposals in a concise and logical flow.
- Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power Point)
- Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage
- Graduate major in Finance or Accounting is preferred
- Possessing a Australian permit to work is preferred
This opportunity is closed to applications.