2018 APAC Summer Internship Programme – Securities Services - Operational Risk and Permanent Control (ORPC) - Singapore
BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with over 190,000 employees. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking and Services as well as Corporate & Institutional Banking.
In Asia Pacific, the BNP Paribas Group is a leading employer with more than 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets. Being one of the largest international banking networks, we strive to employ talented and innovative people who are aligned to our vision and culture.
The APAC Summer Internship Program is a comprehensive 10 week program (between May to July 2018) designed to equip penultimate year students with the financial and individual competencies to potentially embark on a successful career within the BNP Paribas Group. This opportunity includes a firm wide orientation, lunch-and-learn series, networking events and on- the- job learning from our senior managers and highly experienced team members.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Harmonisation of response for due diligence and request for proposal (RFP)
- Support the operational departments / functions in relation to risk maps and key risk indicators
- Review the summary documents, challenging the expert’s judgement if necessary
- Ensure the completeness of the scope covered by the analysis
- Follow up on the regular update
- Monthly report on the status of risk maps and key risk indicators
- Assist in the preparation of periodic reporting and presentations
- Control testing
- Ensure a monthly follow up on procedures to create, amend, validate and publish on the Securities Services procedures database by the operational departments / functions
- Assist in performing deep dive / thematic reviews, including the independent review on outsourcing.
Technical and Behavioural Competences
Students who are graduating in 2019 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply.
- Takes initiative and is results driven
- Strong decision making and analytical skills
- Act with integrity
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
- Strong team player
- Client focused and commercial thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point)
- Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage
This opportunity is closed to applications.