2018 APAC Graduate Programme - Operations and Client management Officer - Jakarta
BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with over 190,000 employees. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking and Services as well as Corporate & Institutional Banking.
In Asia Pacific, the BNP Paribas Group is a leading employer with more than 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets. Being one of the largest international banking networks, we strive to employ talented and innovative people who are aligned to our vision and culture.
The Graduate Programme is a comprehensive 24-month programme designed to equip graduates with the technical skills and individual competencies to embark upon a successful career within the BNP Paribas Group. This opportunity includes a formal mentoring programme, graduate community initiatives, relevant technical training and on- the- job learning from our senior managers and highly experienced team members.
Responsible for processing daily transactions in operations department in accordance with local procedures, Group, region, regulatory guidelines, best practices and if needed, systems user manuals and providing service on all types of transactions to Corporate client of the bank.
- Responsible to execute clients’ instructions received directly or from front office:
Operation type can be :
- Domestic payments (RTGS or SKN), Cross-border payments (Swift)
- Loans and deposits
- Letter of Credit (Import or export)
- Import Export Collections
- Supply Chain transaction (payable and receivable financing)
- FX transactions, Bonds
- Answer diligently to client requests on transactions, inquiries or complaints (if any)
- Support client onboarding and “Know Your Client” processes.
- Make sure to know, understand and apply local procedures (SOP), Group/region/ regulatory guidelines, best practices and if needed, systems user manuals (Orion2, BPH, SKN, RTGS, I-Vision, CSC-BO, OMR, Swift, etc..) .
- Make sure to know, understand and apply in particular Financial Security procedures and guidelines (Anti Money Laundering and terrorist financing, Sanctions filtering, etc…) and to master the use of systems (SSW, File scanner, Stop list, A2-AML, Equasis, etc…)
- Closely monitor the execution of the all transactions to make sure they are processed with no delay and in any case before the end of the day.
- Make sure internal accounts and in particular Nostro accounts are properly reconciled (by Finance department) and discrepancies cleared with no delay.
- Perform any other assigned operational tasks as per supervisor’s instruction.
- Participate to testing of new systems or system enhancements in coordination with IT local and regional teams.
- Provide support and information to front office teams, Compliance, OPC and other functions in general as per request.
- Suggest IT enhancements, process changes and report anomalies in systems, if deemed appropriate.
- Support the preparation of internal reporting (Dashboard, KPI’s) and reporting to regulators.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies / Specific Qualifications (if required)
Students who have recently graduated or graduating in 2018 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Takes initiative and is results driven
- Strong decision making and analytical skills
- Act with integrity
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
- Strong team player
- Client focused and commercial thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point)
- Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage
- Tertiary Education preferably from top universities in Indonesia or overseas;
- Rigorous mindset and strong organization skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English;
- Banking experience
- Basic knowledge of Corporate Banking and/or Global market products
- A first experience (even as intern) of Operations would be a plus