2018 APAC Graduate Programme - ALM Treasury - Coverage and Analytics - Singapore
BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with over 190,000 employees. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking and Services as well as Corporate & Institutional Banking.
In Asia Pacific, the BNP Paribas Group is a leading employer with more than 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets. Being one of the largest international banking networks, we strive to employ talented and innovative people who are aligned to our vision and culture.
The Graduate Programme is a comprehensive 24-month programme designed to equip graduates with the technical skills and individual competencies to embark upon a successful career within the BNP Paribas Group. This opportunity includes a formal mentoring programme, graduate community initiatives, relevant technical training and on- the- job learning from our senior managers and highly experienced team members.
ALMT Singapore is looking for a Junior Analyst to join its regional Assets and Liability Management team, with a focus on Corporate Banking and Capital Market Activities.
It is expected that the graduate will acquire knowledge/understanding of Asset Liability Management and develop the overall skills set required to successfully contribute to the business. This will include, but is not limited to, the below topics -
- Develop good understanding of various aspects of liquidity management and regulatory environment, global regulations (Basel III etc.) and local regulations.
- Learn about internal systems/methodologies used by the bank for liquidity pricing, risk management and contribute to their improvements and developments.
- Assist in producing models, historical behavioural studies, hypotheses testing etc. to:
- Production of indicators for management reporting, covering the whole Asia Pacific region
- Assist in the various stages of product developments
- IT tools testing, and assistance in building the tools if required
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
Students who have recently graduated or graduating in 2018 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Takes initiative and is results driven
- Strong decision making and analytical skills
- Ability to innovate
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
- Strong team player
- Client focused and commercial thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point); Access is a plus.
- Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines - Economics, Commerce, Mathematics, Statistics or Engineering would be an advantage
- Fluent in English
- Attentive to details
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and committed to deadlines