2018 APAC Graduate Programme - Transaction Banking - Jakarta
BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with over 190,000 employees. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking and Services as well as Corporate & Institutional Banking.
In Asia Pacific, the BNP Paribas Group is a leading employer with more than 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets. Being one of the largest international banking networks, we strive to employ talented and innovative people who are aligned to our vision and culture.
The Graduate Programme is a comprehensive 24-month programme designed to equip graduates with the technical skills and individual competencies to embark upon a successful career within the BNP Paribas Group. This opportunity includes a formal mentoring programme, graduate community initiatives, relevant technical training and on- the- job learning from our senior managers and highly experienced team members.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Transaction Banking Graduate Programme targets individuals who are self-starters, highly driven, passionate about growing transaction banking and have high levels of integrity who will become the future leaders of BNP Paribas.
Successful Graduate Trainee will gain broad experience in the following areas:
- Trade Services & Supply Chain, providing services and financing our clients need throughout the trade cycle.
- Cash & Liquidity Management, helping clients manage liquidity and working capital requirements through payments and collections solutions.
The Programme consists of training and development opportunities, including support to study for professional qualification, to work with other graduate mentors and access to senior business leaders through regular development events. Graduate Trainee will learn about client satisfaction, the impact of governance and risk management, work on key products and have the chance to oversee business projects.
Upon completion, Graduate Trainee will have gained practical experience of the major transaction banking processes that are among the critical elements of providing quality transaction banking services to clients.
- managing portfolio of Transaction Banking clients or supporting Senior Transaction Banking Sales to meet the needs of clients
- helping advise on various different products and solutions to clients or maximizing cross-sell opportunities to meeting clients’ needs
- generating and growing revenues for transaction banking business, developing innovative products and solutions and implementing/delivering client focused solutions
- Understand clients’ businesses and to anticipate their requirements through consultative selling. To match clients’ needs with product capabilities through presentation of tailored proposals. To negotiate terms and conditions with clients to maximize revenue and profitability.
- Through close working integration with Implementation team, ensure that the solution is implemented in the agreed time-frames and to the highest levels of client satisfaction.
- Proactively manage existing names within the assigned transactional banking portfolio. Ensure the Bank’s share of wallet within the portfolio is grown and maintained in line with the Bank’s account plan for the client. To maintain a revenue pipeline featuring incremental revenue and run off in addition to the Business as usual revenue from the portfolio as part of effectively managing this process.
- Provide feedback and assistance to all areas within transaction banking such that the voice of customer is incorporated into ongoing plans and initiatives. To keep the transaction banking team informed of client needs, trends and market intelligence to ensure keep abreast of market development and factors which impact on competitiveness of the products
- Support in maintaining ongoing close contact with clients. On a product partnership basis, ensure targeted realization rates are met to generate new revenue opportunities, and to gain feedback on the product. To conduct joint calling with relationship managers to provide technical product expertise.
- Identify opportunities for cross-selling and referral to other métiers through developing and maintaining a close understanding of clients’ businesses.
- Participate in various client functions, conduct client surveys to ensure product and market intelligence feedback is solicited, and used in a way which enhances Bank’s competitive positive.
- Assist in scoping the market for cross border deals and work as the lead in co-coordinating them on materialization.
Keep abreast on changes in the market, client requirements, competitors responses and the bank’s ability to use information to identify new business opportunities.
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
Students who have recently graduated or graduating in 2018 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Graduate Trainee must be proactive, forward-thinking, ready to challenge the status quo, with strong drive and determination, keen to learn and develop at all times, have a natural ability to build relationships with colleagues and a willingness to deliver on difficult assignments, possess an aptitude for understanding the underlying strategy which underpins the business direction, be skilled at project management and have a keen interest in business development.
- Takes initiative and is results driven
- Strong decision making and analytical skills
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
- Strong team player
- Client focused and commercial thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point)
- Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage