2018 APAC Graduate Programme - Financial Institutions Coverage - Seoul
BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with over 190,000 employees. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking and Services as well as Corporate & Institutional Banking.
In Asia Pacific, the BNP Paribas Group is a leading employer with more than 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets. Being one of the largest international banking networks, we strive to employ talented and innovative people who are aligned to our vision and culture.
The APAC Graduate Programme is a comprehensive 24-month programme designed to equip graduates with the technical skills and individual competencies to embark upon a successful career within the BNP Paribas Group. This opportunity includes a formal mentoring programme, graduate community initiatives, relevant technical training and on- the- job learning from our senior managers and highly experienced team members.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Financial Institutions Coverage (“FIC”) is part of BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking arm. FIC is looking for highly ambitious, enthusiastic graduates for a long-term entry-level position. As the analyst of Financial Institutions Coverage Korea, to take up the role and responsibilities in supporting the daily business operations and activities of FIG team.
- To assist and support the business activities and operations of FIC’s members and bankers.
- To establish and maintain close client relationship for and behalf of BNP Paribas (“BNPP”) and product groups as well as with the members at the various product groups of BNPP.
- To prepare presentations, memos and analysis reports, including but not limited to (a) Pitch Book Presentations, (b) Client Action Plans (c) Credit Line / Investment Proposals, (d) Briefing Memos and Call Memos, and (e) Other ad-hoc analysis / strategic papers on special projects (e.g. bank and securities annual review, credit risk committees, strategic meetings, etc.)
- To organize and attend various types of meetings and events related to client and business activities.
- To be responsible for performing and updating know-your-customer diligence, compliance and client related responsibilities
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
Students who have recently graduated or graduating in 2018 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Takes initiative and is results driven
- Strong decision making and analytical skills
- Ability to innovative
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
- Strong team player
- Client focused and commercial thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point)
- Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage
- Good academic achievement at the university level
- Work long hours, withstand stress and meet tight deadlines
- Interact and communicate on both personal and professional levels with others
- Pay attention to detail and be meticulous
- Effectively bilingual, i.e. absolute fluency in both English and Korean is required to translate freely from Korean to English, vice versa
- Understand difficult legal and financial documents in both English and Korean