2018 APAC Graduate Programme - Coverage & Territories Credit Management - Credit Analyst - Jakarta
BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with over 190,000 employees. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking and Services as well as Corporate & Institutional Banking.
In Asia Pacific, the BNP Paribas Group is a leading employer with more than 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets. Being one of the largest international banking networks, we strive to employ talented and innovative people who are aligned to our vision and culture.
The APAC Graduate Programme is a comprehensive 24-month programme designed to equip graduates with the technical skills and individual competencies to embark upon a successful career within the BNP Paribas Group. This opportunity includes a formal mentoring program, graduate community initiatives, relevant technical training and on- the- job learning from our senior managers and highly experienced team members.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare rigorous and synthetic credit proposals with accurate and comprehensive analysis in line with the bank policies, including analysis of financial statements, industry, economic data and identification, analysis and presentation of all key risks.
- Spreading of financial statements
- Understanding and running Return on Risk Weighted Capital (RAROC) models to determine pricing / returns
- Proposing to the credit committee appropriate ratings & recovery rates, using internal tools and Credit Analyst’s judgment.
- Presentation of credit proposals to local credit committees
- Ensure that annual review / transactions deadlines are met
- Perform portfolio reviews, periodic covenant checks, and security monitoring as required in line with approval conditions of respective files
- To contribute to any other portfolio or credit administrative and statistical works as required such as sector analysis, risk policy committees and watchlist / doubtful processes
- Maintain good knowledge and understanding of the bank policies, processes, risk rating tools, etc.
- Supporting team members to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the team
- Communicate reliably and professionally with both internal and external clients
- Participation in projects linked to improving credit process efficiency
- Liaison with different métiers and various BNP Paribas networks to share client information, ensure smooth and timely credit process to ensure that global reviews are properly and timely executed and to minimize overdue files in collaboration with Relationship Managers (coordination role)
- Monitor clients’ credit evolution and immediately alert the management for any early warning signals. This includes, but not limited to, timely update of financial spreadsheets, regular compliance checks on financial covenants change in ratings or any major event or material evolution.
- Meet with clients jointly with Relationship Managers, when and where possible, to deepen the understanding of a credit
- Participation in discussions and on potential deals
- Other duties assigned by management from time to time
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
Students who have recently graduated or graduating in 2018 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Takes initiative and is results driven
- Strong decision making and analytical skills
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
- Strong team player
- Client focused and commercial thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point)
- Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage
This opportunity is closed to applications.