2018 APAC Graduate Programme - COO Office - Bangkok
BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with over 190,000 employees. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking and Services as well as Corporate & Institutional Banking.
In Asia Pacific, the BNP Paribas Group is a leading employer with more than 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets. Being one of the largest international banking networks, we strive to employ talented and innovative people who are aligned to our vision and culture.
The Graduate Programme is a comprehensive 24-month programme designed to equip graduates with the technical skills and individual competencies to embark upon a successful career within the BNP Paribas Group. This opportunity includes a formal mentoring programme, graduate community initiatives, relevant technical training and on- the- job learning from our senior managers and highly experienced team members.
Lead/Coordinate with the support of Country COO or participate in the projects (either IT, process, organization, regulatory or deal-driver projects), ensuring that it achieves optimal results and meets the need of user :
- Monitor and measure the progress of the project, notably in term of schedule,
- Report regularly to the COO and to the other stakeholders
- Analyse the various options based on risks and results
- Organize and lead validation and/or project and/or steering committees
Support the Head of IT responsibilities on the main transversal projects of the branch :
- Ensure effective coordination of all the aspects of projects (strategic, business, financial , human resources, legal, organizational and technical).
- Supervise the course of projects and ensure that all defined requirements are satisfied (resources, quality, cost, time frame…)
- Organize and ensure reporting of the various project phases to the management team.
- Ensure organizational efficiency of tasks and functions allocation, liaising with regional Middle Office and Back Office.
Support the country OPC for the controls on controls :
- To help the OPC country to perform timely and accurately the controls on controls
Task Force for ITO & Finance :
- To reinforce the ITO team or finance team on their BAU whenever it is required
- To contribute to the Prompt Pay project in relation with our local and regional IT team
- To contribute to the regulatory reporting maintenance and improvement. (to support the users in their requirement to the regional IT).
- To contribute to basic support for the risk management control.(under the leadership of the OPC)
- To contribute to the various projects linked to ITO and Finance
Technical and Behavioral Competencies / Specific Qualifications (if required)
Students who have recently graduated or graduating in 2018 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Takes initiative and is results driven
- Strong decision making and analytical skills
- Ability to innovative
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
- Strong team player
- Client focused and commercial thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point)
- Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage
This opportunity is closed to applications.